ZUCCHINI BANANA BREAD WITH PROTEIN POWDER
- 1 egg
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 medium to large zucchini, grated using large holes on grater and liquid squeezed using a dishtowel
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil (melted coconut oil will work)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour (I used whole wheat pastry flour. All-purpose, whole wheat flour or whole grain spelt flour will work.)
- ½ cup protein powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. In a medium-sized bowl, crack and beat egg. Combine mashed bananas, zucchini, maple syrup, olive oil and vanilla with the egg.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the flour, protein powder, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Gradually stir liquid mixture into flour mixture. DO NOT overmix- only mix just until you no longer see dry flour.
- Transfer mixture to greased pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out dry and the top is golden brown.
- Allow bread to cool about 10-15 minutes before slicing. Because there is no preservatives I recommend storing in the fridge for up to one week…if it lasts that long!