Tahini Chicken Salad Sandwich
If you are like me, you may struggle to find healthy, easy and delicious lunch recipes! I love raw veggie snacks but it is not enough to keep me full well into the afternoon. This easy recipe is a well rounded meal; Carbohydrates, Protein, Healthy Fats and lots of delicious fiber! Let us know if you try it out, what are your thoughts?
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup tahini plus 2 teaspoons, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (about 6 ounces)
- 4 slices whole wheat or multigrain sandwich bread (about 1 ½ ounces each), toasted
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4 thick slices tomato (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup baby spinach
Step 1: In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, ¼ cup tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add chicken and mix to combine well.
Step 2: Divide chicken mixture evenly between two slices of bread. Top chicken mixture with even parts onion, tomato, and spinach. Spread the remaining 2 teaspoons tahini evenly over the remaining 2 slices of bread; close each sandwich with bread slices, tahini side down. Serve immediately or wrap in plastic and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 2 days.