Sweet Potato Rosti Stack
1 small sweet potato, about 10 1/2 oz (300 g)
4 large organic eggs, divided
1 garlic clove, finely minced
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus extra for garnish
3/4 cup diced tomatoes
1/2 cup cooked black beans
1/4 cup chopped kimchi
2 Tbsp fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
1 small avocado, pitted and thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C). Line baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
2. On large holes of box grater, peel and grate sweet potato. In large bowl, whisk 1 egg before adding grated sweet potato, garlic, and pepper. Stir until well combined. Divide potato mixture into 3 equal parts on prepared baking tray. Form each into disks about 4 in (10 cm) wide and 1 in (2.5 cm) high. Transfer to oven and bake until lightly crisped and nicely browned, about 25 to 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir together tomatoes, black beans, kimchi, cilantro, and lemon juice. Set aside.
4. Bring medium saucepan filled about two-thirds full with water to a simmer over medium-low heat. Crack remaining 3 eggs each into separate ramekin or small bowl. Add vinegar to simmering water and, with slotted spoon, stir water to create a whirlpool effect. Gently tip one egg into centre of whirlpool and let cook for 5 seconds. Gently re-stir water and add remaining eggs just like the first. Let eggs poach in gently simmering water until cooked as desired. For a runny yolk, poach eggs for about 3 minutes. To check for doneness, gently lift egg out of water with slotted spoon and poke egg with your finger. Egg whites should be firm, and the yolk should be soft. Once done, with slotted spoon, transfer to plate lined with paper towel.
5. To serve, place warm sweet potato rosti on serving plates. Top with slices of avocado, kimchi salsa, and a poached egg. Garnish with some freshly ground black pepper, if desired. Enjoy immediately.
Recipe Credit: Alive Magazine