Supports skin and immune health
- Helps in connective tissue formation and to maintain healthy skin.
- Helps to maintain eyesight, skin, membranes and immune function.
- Helps to prevent vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin E deficiency.
- Provides 7500 IU of vitamin A and 50 IU of vitamin E per dose.
- Includes 100 mg of vitamin C and 10 mg of zinc per dose.
TIM is a multi-vitamin supplement that also contains glandular extracts. Vitamin E is an important antioxidant and donates an electron to prevent the oxidation of LDL and lipid membranes. The stable vitamin E radical produced can be recycled by vitamin C, the most valuable aqueous antioxidant, demonstrating how these two vitamins synergistically help maintain good health. Vitamin C is also necessary for the synthesis of collagen, the primary structural protein found in connective tissue.1 As collagen is the main protein involved in wound healing, deficiencies in vitamin C may lead to the impaired healing of wounds. Vitamin A also contributes to maintaining healthy skin by preserving the skin’s barrier integrity. It increases the proliferation of dividing cells in the epidermis, compacts the outer epidermal layer that consists of dead cells, and increases the number of glycosaminoglycans – polysaccharides that help hydrate the skin. Vitamin A also helps maintain immune function by stimulating the development of lymphocytes, including natural killer and T and B cells. Zinc further contributes to maintaining immune health by stimulating cell division in lymphocytes and increasing their phagocytic activity.