Natrum muriaticum is the water-distributing tissue salt. It controls the ebb and flow of the body fluids. It is used in cases of excessive moisture or excessive dryness in any part of the system. It is used for the coldness of hands and feet, for watery discharge of the nose, coryza with fluid secretions, hay fever, loss of sense of smell, worms, constipation, excessive perspiration, excessive saliva and tear flow. On the psychological level, use S9 for depression, indifference to comforting and for the desire to bite one’s nails.
ROLE: Electrochemical. Metabolic.
MEMORY KEY: Water distributor.
DISCHARGE: Coryza with clear, watery discharge; hyper or hypo salivation.
KEY NOTES: Dryness of the mucosa; dandruff, oily scalp; loss of taste and smell; mapped tongue.
Conditions arising from an imbalance in the distribution and control of water in the system. Excessive dryness of the mucous membranes or copious, watery discharge. Unequilibrium of water in the body.
- Skin infections with vesicular formation; weeping eczema; chapped, dry skin; raw, red, inflamed skin; acne. Urticaria especially after exercise; dry nails, hangnails, alopecia.
- Catarrhal afflictions of the mucous membranes, coryza with fibrous discharge; chronic rhinitis, bronchitis.
- Diarrhea with watery stool; persistent constipation, difficult stool with contraction of the rectum.
- Undernourished, anemic conditions, emaciation.
- Heartburn, hypochlorhydria, slow digestion.
- Fever accompanied by thirst; intermittent fever.
- Roaring tinnitus.
- Headache, as if bursting from sunrise to sunset; migraine.
- Loss of smell; loss of taste.
- Increased flow of tears, saliva; hay fever.
- Depression, despondency; sheds tears easily; prefers solitude; sensitivity to cold.
- Exudate: dryness of mucous membranes or watery discharge.
< at 10 or 11 a.m., at the seashore, heat of the sun, mental exertion, lying down.
> in open air, cold bathing, lying on right side, missing meals.
- Hay fever
- Water retention, cellulitis
- Dryness of the eyes and skin
- Chronic constipation