Magnesia phosphorica is known as the antispasmodic tissue salt. It is recommended for sharp and shooting pain such as: neuralgia, nervous spasms, muscular cramps and menstrual pain. S8 can also be used for chronic arthritis and rheumatism and is quick to relieve pain in sciatica (mostly on the right side). This remedy is also used in lung affections such as whooping cough, asthma, and chronic bronchitis. Finally, use it for writer’s cramps, colic (intestinal, hepatic, nephritic), stomach cramps, hiccups, vomiting, twitching, chorea and headaches.
ROLE: Structural, electrochemical, catalytic.
MEMORY KEY: Neuromuscular coordinator; antispasmodic.
DISCHARGE: Alternate stoppage and profuse gushing discharge; loss of smell.
KEY NOTES: Neuralgia; colic; spasms, cramps; convulsions.
Conditions which demonstrate functional loss at the myoneural junction. Spasms; neuralgias; anxiety, tension depression, confusion, disorientation, hyperexcitability. Angina, hypercholesterolemia.
- Low energy states; fatigue, depression, apathy, stupor.
- Loss of nervous regulation – extreme nervous irritability; neurotic disorders.
- Muscular cramping; skeletal or smooth muscle spasm; pains are sharp and shooting.
- PMS; menstrual cramping and pain.
- Cardiovascular irregularities, pain, arrhythmias.
- Learning difficulties and behaviour disorders in children.
- Alcoholism; drug abuse.
- Spasmodic abdominal pains.
- Impaired renal function.
< Cold; light touch.
> Warmth, pressure, heat, bending double, friction.
- Pulsing eyelids
- Nystagmus (involuntary oscillation of the eyeball)
- Dysmenorrhea and painful ovulation
- Colic (babies)