Kali muriaticum is a remedy for sluggish conditions. Use it for thick, white discharges giving rise to catarrhs affecting the skin and mucous membranes. S5 will remedy grayish adherent secretions, eruptive fever with itching and desquamation, chronic affections of the respiratory track, chronic bronchitis, and pneumonia. In acute conditions, use it for coughs, colds, sore throats, and tonsillitis. Also on the list are aphthae, pharyngitis, jaundice, thick and dark blood hemorrhagia, impetigo, and cradle cap.
A keynote to remember about Kali muriaticum is the presence of a thick, white-coated tongue.
ROLE: Electrochemical, catalytic, misc.
MEMORY KEY: Congestion remover.
DISCHARGE: Thick, white; sticky; fibrinous phlegm.
KEY NOTES: Sluggish conditions; indigestion; late menstruation; ingrown nails; white warts; thick, white-coated tongue.
Conditions arising from faulty collagen synthesis. 2nd stage of inflammation, characterised by swelling, congestion and pain. Fibromas, herpetic ulcers. Burns; keloids; contusion. Hypochlorhydria.
- Blocked Eustachian tubes, laryngitis, pharyngitis, bronchitis, pleurisy.
- Skin conditions: eczema, scaling.
- 2nd stages of fever.
- Dry, hacking coughs.
- Hypochlorydria especially after prolonged vomiting.
- Metabolic alkalosis from excess vomiting and diarrhea.
- High sodium chloride intake associated with oedema and hypertension.
- Diabetes and diuretic therapy causing increased renal potassium loss.
- Caution: to be used with caution in renal conditions which cause K elevation.
- Exudate: thick white viscid mucus; clear watery exudate from herpetic vesicles; dry powdery, white exudate on the surface of the skin.
< Dry heat, fatty rich foods, physical exertion
> Cold applications to affected part; keeping still.
- Nasal catarrh
- White, sticky and thick leucorrhea
- Thrush, aphthae
- Chronic cystitis
- Chronic bronchitis