Ferrum phosphoricum should always be considered as a supplementary remedy in first-aid situations. It is an oxygen carrier and it oxygenates all tissues of the body and is important in acute situations such as congestion, inflammatory pain, high temperature, hemorrhagia, and open wounds (apply powder).
Ferrum phosphoricum is also used in diarrhea, dysmenorrhea, enuresis, vertigo, abscesses, watering of the eyes, conjunctivitis, cystitis, angina, gingivitis, contusions, bruises, muscular injuries and trauma.
S4 can be used in chronic situations such as shortness of breath, asthma, anemia (S4 helps in the formation of hemoglobin) and chronic inflammatory conditions (e.g. colitis).
MEMORY KEY: Inflammation remover.
DISCHARGE: Hemorrhage; Epistaxis.
KEYNOTES: Congestion; inflammation; fever (low grade); anemia; pale complexion.
Acute localised inflammation and infections causing heat and pain. 1ststage of inflammation and infection. Pallor, tiredness, and weakness in chronic conditions. Hypochromic, microcytic anemia.
- Inflammation, before the onset of other symptoms; fever below 39oC.
- Bruises, contusions, dislocations, nosebleed in children; passive hemorrhaging.
- Growth and pregnancy – difficulties absorbing iron; female childbearing years.
- Iron deficiency anemia, pallor, fatigue.
- Low resistance to infection.
- Loss of muscle tension causing relaxation of vascular musculature leading to vascular insufficiency, phlebitis.
- Exudate: mucous membranes dry, irritated, inflamed before discharges begin.
< Heat, excitement, motion, physical exertion.
> Rest, cold applications.
- Sprains, fractures
- Profuse menstruation