Silicea is a cleanser and eliminator. It can often initiate the healing process by promoting suppuration and breaking-up pathological accumulation e.g. abscesses. S12 influences collagen production and is a constituent of the hair, skin, nails, and surfaces of the bones and therefore, it is an excellent remedy for rickets, brittle bones, osteoporosis, delayed growth, alopecia, chalazion, sty, boils and hives. It can also be used for otitis, otorrhea (excoriating fetid liquid), frequent micturition, early irritating menses, and irritating, clear, milky discharge in the mucous membrane.
MEMORY KEY: Calcium reorganizer; eliminator.
DISCHARGE: Offensive; profuse perspiration; pus, itchiness; green, burning; nasal catarrh.
KEY NOTES: Abscess, ulceration of the mouth; stye, blepharitis; springy stools; demineralization; rickets; exostosis.
Abnormal nutrition and calcification of bone or connective tissue. Articular degeneration. Osteophytes, nodes, avascular necrosis. Facilitates removal of pathogenic and foreign waste from the body.
- Periods of growth; rachitis due to inadequate nutrition or assimilation; vertebral abnormalities; bone ulceration, exostosis, poor bone mineralization.
- Disturbed tooth development – impaired enamel formation.
- Chronic suppurations; abscesses, fistulas.
- Mucous membrane inflammation; poor wound healing.
- Weak, easy splitting nails.
- Adrenal atrophy.
- Exudate: chronic, purulent and mucopurulent discharges; increased perspiration especially of the extremities.
< Cold, dry air; physical exertion.
> Warmth; hot, humid, wet weather, pressure.
- Delayed closure of the fontanelle
- Copious sweat about the head
- Loss of hair
- Brittle, crippled nails
- Excessive foot perspiration
- Frail, cold
- Pain in bones
- Bone spur