Acute asthmatic episodes.
Mode of action
As a prolonged protocol, R76 exerts favourable influence on the constitutions predisposed to asthma.
Aconitum: Stabbing pain in the chest; loud, laboured breathing, shortness of breath; dry, croupy cough; sensation of constriction or pressure of the left chest.
Ammi visnaga: Circulatory disturbances, cardiac affections.
Convallaria majalis: Marked respiratory distress with the sensation of faintness; arterial flutter on exertion, palpitations, stabbing pains in the chest.
Drosera: Asthma with violently spasmodic symptoms, cyanosis, and vomiting.
Kalium iodatum: Asthma with aggravation at 5 a.m., wakes with choking and dyspnea; antisyphilitic remedy.
Lobelia inflata: Bronchial asthma; dyspnea, worse exertion, hyperventilation, respiratory distress; sensation as if the heart may stop.
Mentholum: Relieves laboured breathing.
Stramonium: Sensation of constriction within the chest; violent convulsions; chronic cough and bronchitis; spasmodic asthma.
Aconitum D3 0.1 g, Ammi visnaga D2 0.1 g, Convallaria majalis D3 0.5 g, Drosera D1 2.5 g, Kalium iodatum D3 0.1 g, Lobelia inflata D3 0.2 g, Mentholum D2 2.5 g, Stramonium D6 0.2 g.
Non-medicinal ingredients: ethanol, purified water.
Adults and children 12 years and older 5-10 drops; Children (6-11 years) 3-7 drops, 1-3 times daily in a little water or undiluted or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Consult a health care practitioner prior to use in thyroid conditions.
- Do not use if hypersensitive to iodine and/or peppermint oil.
Remedies to be considered
- Angina pectoris: R2
- Cardiac insufficiency: R3
- Sedative: R14 or R14 JUNIOR and v-C15, BC-16
- Bronchial asthma and asthmatic bronchitis: R43, BC-2
- Laryngeal affection: R45, BC10 in conjunction with R76, BC-2
- Bronchial catarrh: R48 additionally
- During acute asthmatic attack, administer at 5-minute intervals, reducing frequency upon improvement of symptoms.
- Allergic asthma, BIO 83 Food allergies / BIO 84 Inhalant allergies may be prescribed to lower the allergic response, with nasal and respiratory mucosal involvement: R183.