Affections of the pancreas
Chronic pancreatitis, anomalies of pancreatic function.
Mode of action
Apis: Burning, stinging pains in the right abdomen, which may be accompanied by oedema; right-sided inflammatory conditions; improvement of pain with the application of cold.
Colocynthis: Severe cutting, cramping abdominal pains which are relieved by bending double or by applying pressure.
Lycopodium: Pain from distension of the abdomen, in the left hypogastric region; affliction may be initially right sided but move to the left side.
Momordica balsamina: Flatulent colic in the splenic flexure; pancreatitis; hypogastric pain.
Phosphorus: Gastrointestinal symptoms; sharp, shooting pains in the abdomen; steatorrhea; condition is ameliorated from eating and from sleep.
Apis D5 2 g, Colocynthis D6 2 g, Lycopodium D6 2 g, Momordica balsamina D3 2 g, Phosphorus D6 2 g.
Non-medicinal ingredients: ethanol, purified water.
Adults and children 12 years and older 5-10 drops 1-3 times daily; acute cases: 4-6 times in a little water or undiluted or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Remedies to be considered
- Acute pancreatitis: R1, 5-10 drops 4-6 times daily and R72 5-10 drops 3 times daily before meals. Reduce the dosage with improvement
- Ill-defined upper abdominal pain and gastric symptoms: R5 additionally 1-2 times daily, BC-25
- Hepatobiliary symptoms: R7 additionally 1-2 times daily
- Hypoglycemic symptoms: BIO 86
- Conditions requiring enzymatic aid: BIO 92 additionally
- Regarded as a drainage formula.
- Stimulates functions of pancreas.
- Diabetes, prescribe in conjunction with R40, BC-7
- Typical duration of treatment is 4-6 weeks.