Herpes simplex, chickenpox, zona
Herpes zoster. Varioliform conditions.
Mode of action
Croton tiglium: Cutaneous vesicular eruptions with redness, unendurable itching, burning, and stitching; vesicular herpes on the scrotum.
Mezereum: Vesicular eruptions which suppurate; eruptions are intensely itching, burning, and crust or thicken on scratching; itching is worse from heat; neuralgia.
Natrium chloratum: Herpes labialis; herpetic eruptions of the lips, face, corners of the nose and mouth, chin; herpetic eruptions occurring during acute disease.
Rhus toxicodendron: Small vesicular eruptions, bullae with neuralgia and blush-red discolouration; eruptions are situated on a red erythematous base which is burning and pruritic.
Croton tiglium D6 2 g, Mezereum D3 5 g, Natrium chloratum D6 1 g, Rhus toxicodendron D4 2 g.
Non-medicinal ingredients: ethanol, purified water.
Adults and children 12 years and older 5-10 drops; Children (6-11 years) 3-7 drops, all ages take 1-3 times daily in a little water or undiluted or as directed by a health care practitioner. Acute cases: the same dosage 4-6 times daily.
If hypersensitivity to poison sumac.
Known adverse reactions
In very rare cases, gastrointestinal complaints or skin reactions may occur after use, in which case the product should be discontinued.
Remedies to be considered
- Enlargement of regional lymph nodes: R1 additionally.
- Varioliform conditions: R6 additionally.
- Acute and chronic eczema: R23, BC-20
- Neuralgia (topical application): R30
- Herpetic eruptions which have localized around the chest or trunk: R69 in alternation with R68, at a dosage of 10 drops in some water at ½-1-2 hour intervals. Reduce this dosage upon improvement.
- In certain cases it may be necessary to administer R68, R69, and R70 in alternation 5-10 drops in some water every 1-2 hours; reduce this dosage upon improvement.
- Subsequent neuralgias associated with Herpes zoster: R69 and R70 additionally.
- Fungal infections: BIO 82
- Viral infections: BIO 88
- Not regarded as a preventative measure. Administer at the first appearance of symptoms.
- Itchy eruptions, urticaria, poison ivy.
- Almost always prescribed in conjunction with BIO 88, indicated in the treatment of viral infections.