Acute and chronic gastroenteritis of all types. Summer diarrhea – after a chill or faulty diet. Intestinal catarrh, viral gastroenteritis; diarrhea with fever, typhoid fever; dysentery; intestinal spasms.
Mode of action
Acidum phosphoricum: Typhoid fever; sleepiness; acute and chronicdiarrhea.
Baptisia tinctoria: Diarrhea with mucoid stool; dull headache, fever; brown-coated tongue, swollen abdomen; typhoid fever.
Chamomilla: Aqueous or greenish stools after a chill; colic.
Chininum arsenicosum: Bactericidal; diarrhea with fever; general exhaustion and fatigue; lack of appetite.
Colocynthis: Dysenteric stools with violent, painful intestinal spasms.
Ferrum phosphoricum: Watery diarrhea; excessive flatulence. Remedy for accompanying fever and inflammation.
Mercurius sublimates corrosivus: Albuminous and blood-tinged stools; exhaustive colic and tenesmus.
Oleander: Explosive, offensive stools; colicky intestinal cramps; undigested food particles in stool.
Rhus toxicodendron: Watery, mucohemorrhagic diarrhea; restlessness. Aggravation of diarrhea as a result of getting wet or exposed to cold, damp weather.
Veratrum album: Vomiting and diarrhea, with violent shivering and collapse; summer diarrhea.
Acidum phosphoricum D3 1 g, Baptisia tinctoria D4 1 g, Chamomilla D4 1 g, Chininum arsenicosum D6 1 g, Colocynthis D6 1 g, Ferrum phosphoricum D8 1 g, Mercurius sublimatus corrosivus D6 1 g, Oleander D6 1 g, Rhus toxicodendron D4 1 g, Veratrum album D6 1 g.
Non-medicinal ingredients: ethanol, purified water.
Adults 10-15 drops 1-3 times daily; acute cases: 10-15 drops every 15- 60 minutes (up to 12 times per day) or until improvement of symptoms, in a little water or undiluted, or as directed by a health care practitioner. Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen.
Cautions and warnings
Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen.
Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Remedies to be considered
- During convalescence: v-C15 or R184, BC-16, R95 additionally, BC-24, BC-28
- When symptoms of low vitality and poor reactivity are long standing, 5-10 drops once daily of R26, in addition to R4 or R4 JUNIOR, BC-28
- In intestinal spasms, alternating with chronic constipation: R37 or R37 JUNIOR or BC-8, BC-3 additionally.
- Pancreatitis: R72
- Bacterial infection: BIO 87
- Alleviates symptoms of Crohn’s Disease.
- Relieves symptoms of Colitis; use R1 in conjunction.
- Typically regarded as an acute formula, considered in any inflammatory response of the intestines.
- Intoxification of intestine, i.e. food poisoning.
- Can be used as a prophylactic before travel, (preventative) 5 drops daily 1 week prior to and during travel. If symptoms develop, continue 5 drops daily for 1 week upon return
- If associated with a viral infection: BIO 88 and BIO 93.