Flatulent colics, chronic constipation
Colics of various types: flatulent colic, intestinal colic, bilious colic, menstrual colic (dysmenorrhea), saturine colic, and renal colic. Abdominal pain and spasms of various origin, gastric spasms; pains characteristic of the porphyrinopathies and the hepatopathies, including cirrhosis of the liver. Meteorism, porphyrinuria, chronic constipation.
Mode of action
Alumina: Severe constipation, usually without the urge to have a bowel movement; depression or slowing of peristalsis.
Bryonia: Constipation with marked rectal dryness; stool is dry and hard.
Colocynthis: Effective colic remedy; abdominal pain, colic; uterine colic, bilious colic; all pains are better from pressure, bending double and heat.
Lachesis: For conditions or disorders of the neurovegetative system; sensation of constriction in the rectum.
Lycopodium: Stool begins hard or constipated and then turns soft or liquid; hepatic insufficiency.
Mercurius sublimatus corrosivus: Tenesmus; dysenteriform intestinal cramps; hepatic disorders.
Nux vomica: Hyperexcitability and spasmodic tendencies of the digestive tract; constipation with ineffectual urging; hepatic disorders.
Plumbum aceticum: Intestinal colic; abdominal pains extending to the groin or limbs; bowel obstruction, marked constipation; stool is dark, small, or knotty.
Sulfur: Reactional agent; highly offensive stool and flatus; diarrhea or soft stool in the morning.
Alumina D12 1 g, Bryonia D4 1 g, Colocynthis D4 1 g, Lachesis D30 1 g, Lycopodium D4 1 g, Mercurius sublimatus corrosivus D8 1 g, Nux vomica D6 1 g, Plumbum aceticum D12 1 g, Sulfur D12 1 g.
Non-medicinal ingredients: ethanol, purified water.
Drops: Adults and children 12 years and older 5-10 drops 1-3 times daily in a little water or undiluted or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Known adverse reactions
In rare cases, hypersalivation may occur after use, in which cases discontinue use of product.
Remedies to be considered
- Complementary product: BC-4
- Chronic paraxysmal appendicitis: once daily R1 and R38, 5-10 drops each, BC-10
- Gastroenteritis with intestinal spasms: R4 or R4 JUNIOR alternately, BC-3
- Indigestion with constipation: R192, BC-4
- Duodenal ulcer and gastritis: R5 additionally, BC-25
- Bilious colics: R7 additionally or alternately.
- Acute appendicitis, prior to surgery administer R38, 5-10 drops in alternation every 1-2 hours, BC-10
- Renal colics due to calculi: R27 additionally or alternately.
- Pancreatitis: R72
- Food intolerances: BIO 83 / Inhalant allergies: BIO 84
- Hypoglycemic symptoms: BIO 86
- Improper fatty acid assimilation and fat metabolism: BIO 89
- Regulates intestinal function, may be regarded as a drainage remedy.
- After diarrhea, administer for 1 week to regulate intestinal function.
- Beneficial when phasing out laxatives. May be administered in conjunction with laxative, gradually decreasing the dose of laxative.