Acute and chronic eczema; papular or pustular eruptions, herpetic eruptions; rashes, eschar; cradle cap (seborrheic dermatitis).
Mode of action
Apis: Localized oedematous swellings; erysipelas with bright red discolouration and swelling; eczema with marked swelling, better from the application of cold; urticaria; pains are burning, stinging, and pruritic.
Arsenicum album: Dryness of the skin with scale formation, and subsequent desquamation; eczema with initial vesicular eruptions progressing to pustular formation and eschar. Thick, scaly eczema of the scalp with offensive, putrid discharge; dandruff; intense burning and itching.
Rhus toxicodendron: Erysipelas with dark reddish splotches. Erythema nodosum; oedema and vesicular eruptions; chronic inflammation of a dark red colour; eczema with small vesicles which are intensely pruritic; surrounding skin is inflamed and reddened.
Sulfur: Stubborn and recurring cutaneous conditions including eczema, herpes, carbuncles, furuncles, pustular acne, and rashes; suppressed eczema; eruptions are moist, intensely pruritic, and made worse by the application of heat.
Apis D30 1 g, Arsenicum album D30 1 g, Rhus toxicodendron D30 1 g, Sulfur D30 1 g.
Non-medicinal ingredients: ethanol, purified water.
Adults and children 12 years and older 5-10 drops 1-3 times daily in a little water or undiluted, or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Remedies to be considered
- Scarlet fever and infections accompanied by dermatological changes: R1, R193, BC-10, BC-11
- Inflammatory swellings of all types, with or without pyretic inflammation: R1 or R6
- In chronic eczema, constitutional improvement may be achieved by adding R21, 5-10 drops once daily, BC-20
- To improve the immune response and facilitate detoxification: R26 additionally
- Cradle cap: R34 additionally
- Measles: R62, R183, BC-14
- Psoriasis, seborrhea: R65, BC-20
- Herpes zoster: R68
- Improper fatty acid assimilation or impaired fat metabolism: BIO 89
- Indicated when skin eruptions are watery/wet, itchy.
- May be considered in the treatment of urticaria.
- Drainage therapy, R7 and R21, is often an important consideration, particularly in chronic cases.
- Decrease risk of aggravation: 1 time daily for 3-4 days, followed by 2 times daily for 3-4 days, followed by 3 times daily. It is not necessary to exceed 3 times daily.
- R30 may be applied topically to alleviate symptoms.