Cineraria Maritima eye drops
Also known as Dusty Miller, it is a member of the Compositae (daisy) family. The name is derived from senex, for old man, a reference to the attractive silver-gray foliage.
Cineraria maritima eye drops may be considered in the treatment of:
- Chronic conjunctivitis
- Conjunctival irritation
- Corneal opacity due to metabolic disorders caused by age, diabetes, or gouty conditions
- Overstrained eyes
- Inflammatory eye diseases
Mode of action
Cineraria maritima eye drops improve irrigation of the anterior ocular region. This formula supports nutrition of the cornea, lens and vitreous body, regulating the osmotic alimentation of those ocular components, which are not directly supplied by blood vessels. This eye drop also has a bacteriostatic action.
Medicinal ingredients: Senecio bicolor subsp. Cineraria (Cineraria maritima) D2 0.25 g.
Non-medicinal ingredients: water, benzalkonium chloride, sodium chloride, sodium bicarbonate.
Adults 1 drop 2-3 times daily into the affected eye or as directed by a health care practitioner. After closing the lid, massage it nasally across the conjunctiva to distribute the solution evenly. Lenticular opacity requires several months of treatment.
Good results have been obtained by administering R78 Conjunctivitis, cataracts orally, in conjunction. Dosage: Acutely, 10-15 drops 6 times daily, reducing frequency upon improvement of symptoms.
Consult a health care practitioner before use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- May cause eye irritation if used over a long period of time.
- Do not touch the dropper to any surface since this may contaminate the solution.
- If irritation persists or increases, discontinue the use and consult your health care practitioner.
- Avoid contact with soft contact lenses.
- Remove contact lenses prior to application and wait at least 15 minutes before reinsertion.
- Use the solution within one month after opening the phial.
How to open
To open the bottle for the first time, carefully tighten the cap, clockwise. The special pin-like “puncture thorn”, inside the cap, will thus create the necessary opening in the dropper tip (see picture). Thereafter, remove the cap and use normally. Close cap after every use.
Use the solution within one month of opening. Avoid contact with the dropper while using the product.
Note: Produced under sterile conditions.