Naturally gentle sleep aid
GMO Free, Non Irradiated, Gluten Free, 100% Vegetarian
Proper sleep is exceptionally important for both physical and mental health. Sleep is when our body repairs itself, our mind takes a break and we finally get to turn off. Studies continue to show that poor sleep is correlated with a dramatic increase in health problems.
L-Theanine: Studies have show that L-Theanine can be helpful for lowering anxiety and stress levels.
Valerian: This herb is generally used to help those with sleep disorders. Studies have found that taking Valerian approximately 2 hours before bed can improve quality of sleep by 1.4 to 1.8 times.
GABA: This non-protein amino acid acts as the main inhibitory neurotransmitter in the central nervous system.
Passion flower: Traditionally passion flower has many uses including: insomnia, treatment of gastrointestinal upsets related to anxiety, general anxiety disorder, seizures, palpitations, high blood pressure, pain relief and ADHD.
L-5-HTTP: This is a precursor to Serotonin, the happy hormone, and Serotonin is a precursor to Melatonin, the hormone that helps us to fall asleep. L-5-HTP is also commonly used for depression and anxiety.
Hops: When most people think of Hops, they think of beer. However, Hops has many medicinal uses other than just adding flavour to your favourite brew. Hops is used to treat insomnia and other sleep disorders, anxiety, ADHD, restlessness and irritability.
Melatonin: This is a neurohormone found in the body. Melatonin is synthesized and released by the pineal gland in response to darkness and blood levels are highest at bedtime. Melatonin is involved in regulating the body’s circadian rhythms. Shift workers who need to sleep during the day, when natural melatonin levels are suppressed by daylight, often find great benefit from supplementation. Melatonin helps to initiate sleep, improve sleep quality, reduce sleep wake cycle disturbances and addresses circadian rhythm sleep disturbances.
Pro Sleep is shown to:
- Helps to temporarily promote relaxation
- Helps relieve nervousness (calmative/sedative)
- Helps to promote sleep
- (Passion flower) Traditionally used in Herbal Medicine as a sleep aid (in cases of restlessness or insomnia due to mental stress)
- Helps to reduce the time it takes to fall asleep (sleep onset latency aspect of sleep quality) in people with delayed sleep phase disorder
- Helps re-set the body’s sleep-wake cycle (aspect of the circadian rhythm)
- Used as a sleep aid
Medicinal Ingredients: Each veggie capsule contains
- L-Theanine 100mg
- GABA (gamma-Aminobutyric acid) 25mg
- L-5-HTP (L-5-Hydroxytryptophan, 5-HTP) 50mg
- Valerian (Valeriana officinalis, Root) [0.8% Valerenic acid] [4.5:1, QCE 450mg] 100mg
- Passionflower (Passiflora incarnata, Herb top) [4:1, QCE 300mg] 75mg
- Hops (humulus lupulus, Strobile) [4:1, QCE 200mg] 50mg
- Melatonin 3mg
- Elemental magnesium (from mangesium biglycinate) 60mg
Non-medicinal ingredients: Magnesium stearate (vegetable source), hypromellose (capsule ingredient). Contains no added gluten, nuts, eggs, animal products, dairy products, fish or shellfish, soy, corn, wheat or yeast.
Recommended dose: (Adults) 2 capsules 1 time per day, 30-45 minutes before bedtime.
Cautions & Warnings:
Sealed for your protection. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if safety seal is broken or missing. For freshness store in a cool, dry place.
- Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have depression and/or related diseases, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, if you are taking carbidopa or drugs/supplements with serotonergic activity. These may include, but are not limited to, L-tryptophan, S-adenoslymethionine (SAMe), St John’s wort, antidepressants, pain killers, over the counter cough and cold medication containing dextromethorphan, anti-nausea medication and anti-miagraine medication.
- Discontinue use and consult a health care practitioner if you show signs of weakness, oral ulcers, or abdominal pain accompanied by severe muscle pain or if you experience skin changes.
- Consumption with alcohol, other medications or natural health products with sedative properties, is not recommended.
- Consult a health care practitioner if sleeplessness persists continuously for more than 3 weeks (chronic insomnia) or if symptoms persist or worsen.
- If you are taking one of the following medications, consult a health care practitioner prior to use: anticoagulant, anticonvulsant, blood pressure medications, immunosuppressive medications, sedative, hypnotic or psychotrophic medications, or steroids.
- If you have one of the following conditions, consult a health car practitioner prior to use: asthma, cardiovascular disease, chronic kidney disease, depression, diabetes, or hypoglycemia, hormonal disorder, immune system disease, liver disease, miagraine, or seizure disorders.
Contraindications: Do not use if you have scleroderma.
Known adverse reactions: Some people may experience drowsiness. Exercise caution if operating heavy machinery, driving a motor vehicle or involved in activities requiring mental alertness within 2 hours of consumption. Some people may experience diarrhea, nasuea, vomittiing and abdominal pain. Hypersensitivity (e.g allergy) has been known to occur; in which case discontinue use.