White Birch Buds
- More profound action than Betula verrucosa
- Intense diuretic, kidney drainage
- Immune modulating
- Antithrombotic – stabilises walls of vessels through inflammation modulating
- Stimulates Kupffer cells of the liver, liver drainage
- Stimulates bone regeneration
Around the year 1800, Dr. Percy wrote: “In all Northern Europe … birch water is the hope, happiness and panacea of the inhabitants, rich and poor, big and small. Skin diseases, pimples, blotches…rarely resist to it. It is a valuable remedy in rheumatic diseases, in the remainders of gout, in a crowd of chronic evils against which medical science is so exposed to fail”.
The sap, also known as “birch water” is exclusively collected in spring, just as the body, coming emerging from winter, it too needs cleansing of all the accumulated wastes. It is in spring, that the birch buds inflate to contain many active ingredients (essential oils, tannins, flavonic derivatives, sesquiterpenes and vitamin C).
The buds and the sap activate the diuresis and the elimination of organic wastes (Kidney / Liver detoxifier) (stimulates Kupffer cells of the liver), such as uric acid and cholesterol.
Betula species buds also have anti-inflammatory, analgesic, remineralising and anti-thrombotic properties.
- Fatigue, especially in the elderly
- Joint pain
- Upper respiratory infections (bronchitis, pleurisy, colds, flu, pharyngitis, sinusitis)
- Prevents arthritis with spring and fall dosing
- Bone fractures and decalcification
- Impotence and sexual asthenia
Consider in combination with:
- Olea europaea and Rosmarinus officinalis, hypercholesterolemia
- Pinus montana and Rubus fructicosus, osteoporosis
- Juglans regia, pancreatitis
- Alnus glutinosa, chronic inflammation, chronic arthritis; thrombi
- Quercus robur, periodontal disease, pyorrhea, bleeding gums, loose teeth
- Vaccinium vitis-idaea and Malus sylvestris, constipation
- Juglans regia and Ribes nigrum, inflammation and infection
- Ilex aquifolium, fibrocystic breasts
- Fagus sylvatica, to improve globulin
HerbalGem gemmo complex that contains Betula pubescens:
- G20 DEPURASAP (birch sap for detoxifying)
- G21 CELLUSAP (birch sap for cellulite)
- G28 ARTISAP (birsh sap for joints and muscles)
Note: Also available in bark (G81), rootlets (G82) and catkins (G84). The catkins can be considered in: general endocrine stimulant; thyroid; stimulates gonad function (female and male sexual function).
Gemmotherapy is a branch of phytotherapy that uses buds and young shoots of trees and shrubs. Gathered in the spring at a key stage of their natural growth cycle, buds and young shoots are freshly handpicked and put in maceration in a solution of water, alcohol and glycerin to extract all their active principles.