Rosemary Young Shoots
- Liver/gallbladder drainage; antispasmodic on the gallbladder, hepatoprotective, tonic and stimulant, cholagogue and cholerectic
- Balances nervous system (NS) equilibrium; improves memory
- Antioxidant properties (general detoxication): Rosmarinus officinalis glycerine macerate can also better trap free radicals than the whole plant. It is probable (but experimental confirmation is needed) that other macerates would also have such antioxidant properties, namely Ribes nigrum (Black currant) and Populus nigra (Poplar).
- Liver/gallbladder drainage with a mild drainage action on the kidneys.
- Antispasmodic on the gallbladder: Regulates the motility of the gallbladder.
- Hepatoprotective: The work of Fleurentin, Pelt and Alii show that Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary young shoots) glycerine macerate has a hepatoprotective action much higher (63%) than the entire plant (6%).
- Tonic & stimulant properties.
- Cholagogue and choleretic: The measurement shows a choleretic action 2 times more important for the young shoots than for the whole plant.
- Balances NS equilibrium action, improves memory, neurovegetative dystonia.
- Improves memory.
- Blood: Normalises sedimentation rate and increases red blood cells (RBC)/white blood cells (WBC), anticoagulant.
- Yang remedy: Tonic properties effective in adrenal insufficiency and sexual dysfunctions.
- Hepatic: Hepato-protective 63%. Maintains good liver function in patients on birth control pills and with implants. Liver insufficiency, biliary colic & dyskinesia. Cholelithiasis, liver & gallbladder major detoxifier, gallbladder antispasmodic action in chronic cholecystitis. Hepatitis A, B & C. Excess of fat consumption. Rosemary is a choleretic and protects against CCL4 (carbon tetrachloride) toxicity.
- General detoxication properties: Reduces the level of urea and uric acid. Cholesterol and triglycerides due to the rosmarinic acid which assists the liver in breaking down lipids. Balances the ionic and mineral equilibrium.
- Urogenital: Prostatic symptoms, impotency. Females – acne, dysmenorrhea, frigidity.
- Vascular: Reduces atherosclerosis, improves circulation of the extremities.
- Digestive: Intestinal decompensation. Epithelial action on colon mucosa. Crohn’s disease & colitis, diverticulosis, celiac disease, cystic fibrosis.
- Nervous system: Chronic nervousness. Neurovegetative dystonia.
- Blood: Anemia, leucopenia.
- Skin: Acne.
Consider in combination with
- Rubus idaeus, Betula, dysmenorrhea
- Fraxinus excelsior, gout
- Olea europaea, hyperlipidemia, hypercholesterolemia
- Juniperus communis, liver/kidney drainage
- Prunus amygdalus, hypertriglyceridemia
- Ribes nigrum, chronic allergies
- Fraxinus excelsior, Acer campestre, Juniperus communis, to prevent biliary lithiasis
- Ficus carica, dyspepsia
- Betula pubescens, if on OCPs
- Olea europaea, atherosclerosis
- Use ascending doses: Constitutes a powerful drainer, therefore the use of a strong initial dose may cause a rapid liberation of toxins. The use of high doses without having created a tolerance may be the cause of an epileptic condition.
HerbalGem gemmo complexes that contain Rosmarinus officinalis
- G1 ALL-GEM (allergy complex)
- G6 CHO-GEM (cholesterol complex)
- G7 DEP-GEM (detox complex),
- G10 MEM-GEM (memory complex)
- G16 TONIGEM (tonic complex)
- G24 STOMAGEM (digestive comfort complex)