Olive Young Shoots
- Decreases arteriosclerosis; decreases blood viscosity (fibrinolytic); antisclerotic
- Mild laxative/stool softener
- Olea europaea (Young olive tree shoots) provides a great cerebral and circulatory remedy. Symbol of peace, source of food, excipient and remedy. Olea europaea is famous for its oil, widely used in ointments, balms, pomades but also as an excipient to extract certain liposoluble active principles (e.g. red St-John’s Wort oil). St-Hildegarde used the bark against gout. Dr. Bach recommends it in elixir form for physical, psychological or intellectual overwork.
- The presence of olive oil, fire principle of the plant, is in relation to the action of Olea europaea in gemmotherapy.
- Cardiovascular – Chelator of the arteries (reduces arteriosclerotic deposits everywhere). It removes sclerotic tissues and scars anywhere in the body.
- Lowers blood viscosity (fibrinolytic) / blood pressure / hypoglycemic. Improves circulation.
- Nervous system – Brain tropism (action on cerebral atherosclerosis). Also has a direct cerebral action demonstrated by its indication in phobias.
- Nervous system: Young shoots of Olea europaea have a marked cerebral tropism which is valued in cerebral sclerosis and defects of the senile brain such as e.g. memory lapse. A deep acting remedy that is indicated in phobic and obsessional neurosis. Phobias (claustrophobia / agoraphobia etc.). Obsessive compulsive disorder, facial neuralgia (+ Prunus amygdalus). Neurosis of the extremities. Degenerative neurological disorders (Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s).
- Cardiovascular: Olea europaea is also useful as an anti-atherosclerotic and in thrombotic states. It is a hypotensor which does not cause vasoconstriction.
- Arteriosclerosis, non thrombotic cerebral arteriosclerosis, hyperlipidemia, diabetic arteritis / gangrene (will reopen compromised blood circulation – but not cure an established gangrene). Thrombolytic states, arterial hypertension. Olea europaea macerate is recommended in non-thrombotic cerebral atherosclerosis, angina, arrhythmia, tachycardia and arteriosclerosis. Great remedy of the circulatory system; it reduces total lipids, cholesterol (which it destroys), balances phospholipids and thins thickened blood.
- Digestive: Olea europaea has a hypoglycemic activity, therefore is indicated for non insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus in adults, good tolerance in long term treatments and diabetic arteritis. Is also recommended for tissue necrosis of the extremities often leading to gangrene. Hepatic insufficiency (cholagogue properties, constipation).