Horse Chestnut Buds
- Portal circulation / portal congestion
- Drainage of the venous system, especially lower extremities
- Aesculus hippocastanum is mainly a venous remedy (portal circulation enhancement). It has anti-inflammatory properties through its action on easing venous congestion. It also eases breathing (possibly by removing venous congestion).
- Aesculus hippocastanum has a perfect digestive tolerance.
- It is recommended for broken capillaries, spider veins, telangiectasis, blotched face and periulcerous erythema.
- Is one of the remedies used for varicose ulcers. It is especially recommended for hemorrhoids (anti-hemorrhaging), in particular those with red blood hemorrhages and also at the time of acute hemorrhoidal thrombosis. A venous decongestant that is a great remedy for varicose veins.
- Acne rosacea.
- Facilitates breathing and is indicated in emphysema, pulmonary insufficiency, dilatation of the bronchus, chronic asthma. Shortness of breath. Disturbances of venous flow (phlebotonic).
Consider in combination with:
- Castanea vesca, as it drains the lymphatic system and different venous disorders
- Sorbus domestica and Castanea vesca, lymph/vein drainage insufficiency
- Alnus glutinosa, thrombophlebitis
- Sorbus domestica, hemorrhoids
- Birch sap, cellulite
- Cornus sanguinea, dyspnea