- Antihemorrhagic: acts on megacaryocytes, increasing platelet numbers and through agglutination
- Acute and chronic respiratory conditions: antispasmodic, antitussive, repairs damaged respiratory mucosa
- Carpinus betulus is an essential remedy for coagulation problems. It acts on the megacaryocytes, increases the activity of the platelets, decreasing the bleeding time and seems to normalise the prothrombine time.
- Respiratory system: Acts as an antispasmodic and has a specific action on the sinusal mucosa and becomes useful in ENT pathologies in general.
- Hepatic system: Lowers cholesterol levels.
- Coagulation problems: Increases platelets and their cytological quality (agglutination) for acquired thrombo-cytopenia (auto-immune / drug allergies / splenectomy / drug induced, complications of anticoagulants poisoning by anticoagulants and hemorrhages due to them.
- Carpinus betulus is an antihemorrhagic useful in purpuras and hemorrhages due to anticoagulants (then associated with Cornus sanguinea).
- Respiratory system: Acts as an antispasmodic and presents a specific action on the sinusal mucosa. Active in all recurrent respiratory episodes in adults, spasmodic and chronic rhinopharyngitis, chronic sinusitis, tracheitis, tracheobronchitis, healing the damaged mucosa and alleviating spasms (antitussive). Carpinus betulus is an excellent remedy for sinusitis, spasmodic rhinitis and chronic bronchitis.
- Hepatic system: Eliminates cholesterol and works in atherosclerosis. Liver insufficiency.
- Musculoskeletal system: Carpinus betulus acts in post-medicamentous periarthritis nodosa and in progressive chronic polyarthritis.
- Note: Use in low doses and with awareness and monitoring in cases of thrombocytosis, elevated PTT or fibrinogen. Doses of 12 drops per day or less are less likely to increase the platelet count.
Consider in combination with:
- Cornus sanguinea, for epistaxis
- Cornus sanguinea, for hemorrhaging provoked by anticoagulant medications
- Populus nigra, to stop PND (painful neuropathic disorder)
- Rosa canina, runny nose
- Betula pubescens and Ribes nigrum, rhinopharyngitis
- Corylus avellana, chronic bronchitis