Giant redwood Young shoots
- Antisenescence to males (jing tonic); 17 ketosteroid precursor, improving neurosexual functional syndromes
- Osteopenia and osteoporosis; increases osteoblastic activity and is a precursor to estrogen
- Adrenal tonic; use lower doses for women
- Sequoia gigantea therapeutic activity focuses both at the osteoarticular and nervous system.
- Its main site of action is on the glandular and nervous system.
- Adrenal tonic (use lower doses for women).
- Efficient antisenescent in elderly, acting on a geriatric plane increasing the physical and moral force.
- It is a sexual tonic – male rejuvenator (reequilibrate spermatogenesis precursor for the 17-ketosteroids), it stimulates immunity and delays aging both at the sexual level and in general.
- By its endocrine mobilisation it has a tonic action at the intellectual level (aged brain) and an overall eutrophic action (relative to a good nutrition performance, in a normal state).
- It is a mental and general tonifying remedy, acting slowly but in depth; it needs to be taken for some time to see permanent effects.
- Sequoia gigantea acts as a powerful hepatic drainer, useful for a congested liver.
- Musculoskeletal: Stimulates the metabolism of the osteoblasts, enhancing mineralisation and creating a better-quality bone tissue.
- Musculoskeletal: Sequoia gigantea is a useful complement for women and men in cases of osteoporosis /osteopenia. Through the stimulation of the osteoblastic activity it works on brittle bone disease (osteogenesis imperfecta, Porak and Durante disease, Lobstein disease, sclerotic blue illness). Responsible for spontaneous fractures. It consolidates fractures by ensuring a better mineralisation and a better vitality of the bone thread. It also contributes to making tendons and ligaments flexible.
- Urogenital: Sequoia gigantea is also a prostate (adenoma) remedy. It rebalances the prostate thus assuring an appreciable urinary comfort. Chronic prostatitis. Prostate hypertrophy & adenoma (improves urinary comfort by decongesting and shrinking the prostate) but not for prostate cancer.
- Sequoia gigantea works on spermatogenesis (stimulates) and on neurosexual functional syndromes. It is logical to think that it constitutes an exceptional body tonic, for women as well as for men.
- Other: Uterine fibroids, dysmenorrhoea.
Consider in combination with
- Rosmarinus officinalis, for liver drainage
- Quercus robur, Betula pubescens, male senescence
- Ribes nigrum, prostatitis
- Vaccinium vitis-idaea, Rubus fructicosus, osteoporosis
- Ribes nigrum, Rubus fructicosus, uterine fibroids
- Olea europaea, Alnus glutinosa, arteriosclerosis
- Avoid taking in the evening because it can delay, even hinder, falling asleep.
- Pregnant women should avoid taking bud extracts with hormonal action like Quercus, Rubus idaeus, Sequoia, Vaccinium vitis-idaea.
- Often administered in lower doses for women.
HerbalGem gemmo complex that contains Sequoia gigantea
- G13 OST-GEM (bone complex)
- G16 TONIGEM (tonic complex – helps boost the energy level)