- Nervous system, stress related emotional disturbances (anxiety and depression), excessive thinking; unblocking blocked biological phenomenon associated with the cortico-diencephalic functions – hypothalamus – NS related
- Gastrointestinal (GI); terrain of the stomach, changes the environment of the stomach, heals mucosa, ENS related
- Cardiovascular (CV) system – anti-coagulant, arteriosclerosis
- Ficus carica is an extraordinary remedy (the Fig tree was sacred in antiquity) because it acts in depth on the endocrine system, contributing thus to the regulation of a good number of problems. A gastric drainer used for digestive problems, regulates gastric juices (hypo or hyperchlorhydria).
- Endocrine & nervous system – Remedy of choice for anxiety, having a deep seated effect on both the endocrine and the nervous system. Cardiovascular system – Helps in the reabsorption of intra-cranial hematomata, is an anti-arrhythmic, and helps combat arteriosclerosis and thrombosis. Can prove to be effective in the treatment of anemia when due to a lack of iron.
- Digestive system: Ficus carica macerate is used as a stomach drainer. Powerful remedy for gastric and duodenal ulcers with dyspeptical pain and disturbances, diaphragmatic hernia, oesophageal dysphagia due to motor problems or caused by reflux and GERD, gastritis and colitis. It also acts effectively in bulimic tendencies, regulates appetite and stomach secretions (hypo – hyperchlorhydria), gastric dyskinesia.
- Nervous system: Its calming action is remarkable. It constitutes the opposite pole of Ribes nigrum (Black currant) macerate. Ficus carica induces sleep, stimulates dreams and calms thoughts. Useful in helping to reduce problems induced by jet lag when travelling or for persons working on shift. Take Ficus carica to fall asleep and Ribes nigrum (Black currant) to wake up. It is an anti-anxiety of first order, useful in neutralising the effects of stress, internally as well as externally. It acts in all nervous disorders (spasmophilia, epilepsy, facial neuralgia, etc…) and will help naturally ensure a restful sleep.
- Epilepsy, facial neuralgia, hyperventilation, insomnia (very effective). Post-traumatic head syndrome after head injury, post-concussion syndrome (resorbs intracranial hematoma). It is effective in migraines.
- Emotional level: Ficus carica macerate has a characteristic action on the regulating system of our body known as hormones. Active on the brain (cortico-hypothalamic axis), it acts in existential depression, neurosensorial balance, psychosomatic disorders, subjective syndromes, general state, and to restore mental health.
- Ficus carica macerate is a typical YIN remedy (whereas Ribes nigrum is of YANG nature).
- Other: It is also recommended in iron deficiency anemia, feeling of heavy head.