Black Poplar Buds
- For inflammation related vascular diseases, particularly of the lower leg; thrombophlebitis, arteritis, phlebitis, intermittent claudication
- Chelator of toxins from the body
- Populus nigra’s main site of action is the circulatory system (arterial drainer) indicated for chronic thrombotic arteritis, antispasmodic elective action on lower extremities arterial vascular system. Re-establishes the collateral circulation and controls the associated trophic disturbances. (It is also related to the heart – intestine meridian in traditional Chinese medicine. This little known bud seems to have a bright future, so numerous are its potential properties.
- Diminishes blood coaguability (salicylates).
- Antisclerotic properties on arteries.
- Regulates the sympathetic nervous system (alleviates trophic cutaneous disorders and is indicated for luetic homeopathic constitutions).
- Chelator of toxins from the body. Detoxifies heavy metals (binds to heavy metals, immobilising them, preventing them from damaging cellular structures), nitrates, chlorinated solvents, 1,4 dioxane, petroleum products and their hydrocarbons.
Circulatory system: It is related to the heart – intestine meridian in traditional Chinese medicine and as such acts in arteritis, combating its thrombophilic tendency, particularly at the level of the lower limbs. It also supports collateral circulation because of its antispasmodic arterial action. This bud has a tonic and antisclerotic action on arteries. Peripheral vascular disease, Berger’s disease (arteritis in smokers), arteritis (with thrombotic tendency), obliterative arterial disease of the lower limbs and associated trophic disturbances (improves collateral circulation, antispasmodic action).
ENT: Tracheitis, bronchitis (properties close to those of Propolis).
Musculoskeletal: It is also used in gouty states with rheumatic syndrome.
Consider using in combination with:
- Alnus glutinosa, Cercis siliquastrum, Cornus sanguinea, arterial insufficiency of the lower leg
- Prunus amygdalus, for thrombophlebitis
- Ribes nigrum, Alnus glutinosa, for bronchitis
- Salix alba, for musculoskeletal injuries, inflammation and pain