- Cortisone-like activity; adrenal tonic, anti-inflammatory, adaptogenic action
- Chronic disease
- Ribes nigrum already recommended by the abbot of Montaran in 1712 under the name “elixir of life”, Ribes nigrum was considered as a true panacea because it was told to support human longevity. It is the bud to take to help in all cases of varied pathology. It is adaptogenic, meaning it has a normalising action, both physical and mental, independent of the direction of the disease. It can be given safely over a long period.
- Recommended in the 18th century as an “Elixir of Life”, Ribes nigrum bud is one of the most widely applicable of the extracts known in gemmotherapy. A very effective and potent tonic, it has been shown to have a salutary effect throughout the human body. It also enhances the effect of other plants with which it may be associated.
- Stimulates corticosteroid production and regulates the pituitary function. It increases adrenal activity, stimulates the metabolism, regulates the immune system, increases resistance, prevents degeneration and enhances the action of other gemmotherapic.
- Natural cortisone (anti-inflammatory/antiallergenic/anti-infectious).
- It is a stimulant of the adrenal glands, kidneys, liver and pancreas.
- Adaptogen – Regulates and reinforces the adaptive syndrome. Helps repair the adrenals of patients who have received corticosteroids for a long period of time.
- Chemoprotector – Prevents and removes the side effects of chemotherapy & other allopathic drugs.
- Yang remedy. The Ribes nigrum bud macerate is indicated in any acute or chronic pathology.
Musculoskeletal: Ribes nigrum buds macerate is primarily an antirheumatic and a powerful anti-inflammatory remedy for arthrosis, gout, ligaments and tendons, painful joints. Promotes consolidation of bone fractures. Rheumatism, arthrosis (cervical, knee, hip, small joints). Osteoporosis, osteoarthritis. Muscles, joints, ligament pain. Fibromyalgia, carpal tunnel syndrome.
Anti-infectious: Rhinopharyngitis, sinusitis, colds, otitis, mononucleosis infection, chronic fatigue syndrome, immune stimulant. Also used in autoimmune diseases.
Anti-allergic: Seasonal and year-round. Allergic migraines. Anaphylactic reaction to drug reactions or insect bites (neutralises the effect of the bite), hay and pollen fevers, rhinitis, bronchitis, emphysema.
Digestive: Alleviates gastritis and oesophagitis, apthous ulcers, duodenum and peptic ulcers, celiac disease, colitis. Lack of appetite.
Skin: Eczema, dry and infected, psoriasis, acne. Urticaria, acute and chronic. Rashes, dermatitis, sun allergy, allergic reactions to antibiotics.
Stress and fatigue: Excellent remedy for strengthening the constitution. Increases resistance that has been depleted by stress and fatigue. Chronic fatigue.
Genitourinary: Chronic prostatitis, gout (diuretic), renal insufficiency, Quincke ooedema.
Cardiovascular: Venous tonic, mildly hypotensive (renal action).
Adrenal glands: Particularly recommended for tired people, lacking enthusiasm, it stimulates the endocrine glands and combats drowsiness.
Internal/external use: Also acts efficiently against the after effects of insect bites (anaphylactic shock). A few drops applied to the bite will reduce the sensation of pain and itching.
- Reduces the side effects of drugs (allopathic).
- Can be effective preventively and curatively in influenza.
- Amplifies the effects of chemotherapy while protecting from side effects (10 drops 2-3 times per day).
Consider in combination with
- Sequoia gigantea, potentiates anti-inflammatory action
- Quercus robur, in chronic fatigue, insufficient adrenal function, and MS
- Alnus glutinosa, for most acute and chronic inflammatory states
- Rosa canina, for sniffly nose
- Vaccinium myrtillus, for gastritis and esophagitis
- Viburnum lantana, bronchial asthma
- Pinus montana, Vitis vinifera, for arthritis
- Abies alba, Rosa canina, for influenza
- Carpinus betulus, for sinusitis
- Contraindications: Presence of elevated cortisol levels /DHEA. Presence of Cushing’s disease or adrenal tumors.
- Caution: To be taken in the morning (tonic activity + cortisone-like) as it may interfere with sleep.
HerbalGem gemmo complexes that contain Ribes nigrum
- G19 ACN-GEM (acne complex)
- G1 ALL-GEM (allergy complex)
- G2 ART-GEM (joints complex)
- G3 CAL-GEM (anti-stress complex)
- G22 DER-GEM (skin complex)
- G9 IMM-GEM (immunity complex)
- G15 SIN-GEM (sinus complex)
- G27 MIDOGEM Forte (migraine complex)
- G20 DEPURASAP (fresh birch sap enriched with buds – detoxifying)
- G21 CELLUSAP (fresh birch sap enriched with buds – cellulite)
- G28 ARTISAP (fresh birch sap enriched with buds – joints & muscles)
- G29 VENASAP (fresh birch sap enriched with buds – vascular drainer)