- For acute and chronic gout and hyperuricemia
- Inflammation modulation
- Liver and Kidney drainage
- Fraxinus excelsior (Ash buds): the suppleness and flexibility of Fraxinus excelsior’s wood is curiously similar to certain medicinal properties of its bud preparation in gemmotherapy, namely its action on ligaments.
- Osteoarticular and kidney tropism has analgesic and anti-inflammatory action (increases adrenal production of cortisol which explains its anti-inflammatory action and its effect on the stress hormones adrenaline and noradrenaline) on synovial level and has anti-inflammatory properties on ligaments in general.
- Lowers uric acid and cholesterol levels. It also has liver and kidney drainage properties.
- Fraxinus excelsior can be considered as a potential anti-rheumatic remedy, which is not yet currently mentioned in literature. Other interesting properties at bud level that are worth investigating include: trapping free radicals, depurative, febrifugal and prostate protecting properties.
- Renal system: Oedema (diuretic), urinary lithiasis of uric stones. Renal failure.
- Osteoarticular: Anti-inflammatory, antirheumatic. Arthritis, fibromyalgia. Synovial and ligament disorders, hernias, carpal tunnel syndrome. Osteoporosis (for flexibility).
- Metabolic: Hypercholesterolemia. Hyperuricemia, acute and chronic gout (anti-inflammatory action on synovial level and has anti-inflammatory properties on ligaments in general).
- Recommended for obesity.
Consider in combination with
- Betula alba/pubescens SAP, to act as a depurative, clear tissue and joint accumulation, cellulite
- Ribes nigrum, for stress, to increase cortisol production, anti-inflammatory, inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis, given where there is a low DHEA
- Pinus montana, to drain the joints in gout
- Acer campestris, for biliary calculi
- Tilia tomentosa, for nervousness and anxiety
- Olea europaea, Rosmarinus officinalis, to support liver drainage, in hypercholesterolemia
- Rosa canina, Ribes nigrum, for synovitis, inflammation of the synovial fluid
HerbalGem gemmo complexes that contain Fraxinus excelsior
- G5 CEL-GEM (lymphatic drainage/anti-cellulite complex)
- G21 CELLUSAP (fresh birch sap enriched with buds – cellulite)