Cough, cold, catarrh
Although colds are regarded as trivial everyday ailments, they should not be neglected as they could lead to more serious illness. Coughing is a symptom that occurs during the course of most diseases of the respiratory organs.
Ferrum phosphoricum 3X
- Very useful at the onset of a cold.
- Hard, dry cough with soreness and fever.
- Stuffiness and sneezing.
- Acute, painful, short, tickling cough.
- No expectoration.
- Rattling mucous in the chest, which is worse at night.
Kali muriaticum 3X
- Best remedy for the second stages of a cold.
- Useful for coughs in children.
- Cough is croupy, hard, short, acute, spasmodic; whooping cough.
- Wheezing rales, protruding eyes.
- Thick, milky-white, gray, albuminous phlegm.
- Congested head cold.
Magnesia phosphoria 3X
- Cough is painful, spasmodic with a tendency to persist; whooping cough; coughing fits, paroxysms; worse upon lying down.
- Dry cough in nervous children.
- Lungs are sore from the strain of coughing.
- Coryza alternates between being dry and loose.
- Gushing flow from nostrils.
- Sense of smell is lost or impaired.
Natrum muriaticum 6X
- Cough is dry, short with excess watery secretions; pain in liver with cough.
- Colds are accompanied by watery, transparent, frothy discharges with chilliness and feeling of discomfort.
- Skin is dry.
Natrum sulphuricum 3X
Colds are a cleansing process, ridding the body of non-functional organic matter. This elimination should not be suppressed, but assisted. Natrum sulphuricum is the eliminator of any excess water and thus an indispensable element.
- Profuse greenish mucous; mucopurulent green expectoration – thick, ropy, pus-filled, yellowish-green.
- Chest has an empty feeling with cough.
- Symptoms of soreness and weakness are better pressing upon chest.