Colic is sharp abdominal pains that result from spasms or obstruction of certain organs or structures, especially the intestines, uterus, or bile ducts. Such pain is attended usually by constipation. BC-3 will affect such symptoms as flatulent colic; colic due to inflammatory conditions, colic in children during teething or due to flatulence or constipation.
Calcarea phosphorica 3X
This tissue salt helps to promote healthy cellular activity. It is an important remedy for children to encourage normal growth and development. This salt is also a constituent in gastric juice and saliva, therefore aids in digestion and assimilation.
Ferrum phosphoricum 3X
- Helpful when there is colic during menstruation, with heat, flushing of face and a quickened pulse.
Kali phosphoricum 3X
- Colic in the hypogastrium, with ineffectual urging to stool.
- Bending double ameliorates patient.
- Abdomen is distended with gas.
Magnesia phosphorica 3X
As the anti-spasmodic biochemic salt, Magnesia phosphorica plays a crucial role in the prevention of colic. A deficiency of this tissue salt results in nerve fibres contracting causing spasms and cramps. This salt is required to ensure rhythmic and coherent movement.
- Helpful for children with flatulent colic who tend to draw up their legs.
- The pain forces patient to bend double.
- Symptoms are better from friction, warmth, and belching of gas.
- Colic in the umbilical region.
- Muscular contractions.
- Remittent colic with cramp-like pain.
- Gallstone colic.
Natrum sulphuricum 3X
- Flatulent colic beginning in the region of the right groin.
- Bilious colic, with a bitter taste in the mouth.
- Grayish or brownish-green coating at the root of the tongue.
- Pain in the abdomen and small of the back, as if bruised.
- There is much flatulence, which is worse when patient is confined.
- Constipation is also involved.