A fever is an elevation in body temperature. It is a common symptom of disease but should be treated as secondary to the disordered state with which it is associated. Normal body temperature ranges from 98°F to 99°F. One should not have undue concern unless body temperature rises above 102°F in adults or 103°F in children. In fact, running a temperature is often helpful to the body. This defense mechanism of the body acts to destroy harmful microbes.
Ferrum phosphoricum 3X
The body normally maintains an even temperature by controlling the balance between heat gained and lost. Heat is gained by oxidation of the tissues, the primary function of Ferrum phosphoricum, which takes place during the process of nutrition. In the feverish state, balance of heat gained and lost is no longer maintained; more heat is being lost than gained.
- Catarrhal fever with quickened pulse.
- Inflammatory fevers.
- Chill develops at 1 pm every day.
- Dry heat of the palms, face, throat, and chest.
Kali muriaticum 3X
- Fever with constipation.
- Tongue has a thick, white, furry coating.
- Catarrhal fever.
- Great chilliness; patient is better when covered in bed.
Kali sulphuricum 3X
This tissue salt assists in controlling temperature balance and in promoting perspiration; therefore it is an ideal remedy for any febrile symptoms.
- Fevers from blood poisoning, gastric, enteric, and typhoid fevers, scarlet fever, stage of desquamation, cold sweat.
Natrum muriaticum 3X
Natrum muriaticum is a chilly remedy, therefore is a key consideration for any body part in feverish condition.
- Chilly and thirsty occurring concurrently.
- Scarlet fever with drowsiness, twitching or vomiting of watery fluids.
- Profuse perspiration; night sweats.
- Hay fever with watery discharge from eyes and nose.
- Intense itching, heat, headache, thirst, sour sweat, backache, great languor, emaciation, sallow complexion, fever-blisters on lips.
Natrum sulphuricum 3X
- Intermittent fever; sweat without thirst.
- Bilious vomiting.
- Internal coldness; hot feeling on top of the head.