RAINBOW QUINOA MASON JAR SALAD
mason jar salads:
- 2 mason jars
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 small red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 2 carrots, shredded
honey mustard dressing:
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch black pepper
- In a small bowl or jar, combine dressing ingredients, whisk and set aside.
- Assemble the mason jars; begin with approximately 2 tablespoons of the dressing in the bottom of each jar.
- Next, add salad ingredients to the jar, one layer at a time, diving your vegetables between both jars to make two salads.
- Place a handful of cherry tomatoes into the jars first, doing so will ensure the quinoa does not absorb all the dressing before it is eaten.
- Next add half of the quinoa (3/4 cup) to each jar, 1/4 shredded red cabbage, 1 shredded carrot, 1/4 cup corn (if using frozen, ensure it is thawed before adding it to the jar), another handful of cherry tomatoes, 1/4 cup goat cheese and about 1/2 head chopped romaine lettuce.
- Cover with lid and store in the fridge until needed.
- To serve, invert the jar into a large bowl or plate or simply eat directly out of the jar.