Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie
Here is a yummy recipe that looks super easy and healthy!
• 1 cup old fashioned oats
• 1/2 quick cooking oats
• 1/2 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
• 1/2 cup shredded coconut
• 1/2 cup brown rice flour (or whole wheat flour if not gluten free)
• 3/4 cup dried cranberries
• 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
• 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
• 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 cup honey or any liquid sweetener
• 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
2. Cover a cookie rack with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients: rolled and jumbo oats, desiccated and shredded coconut, flour, cranberries and seeds.
4. Add eggs, honey, coconut oil and vanilla.
5. Combine until it forms a sticky cookie batter that comes easily together to forms cookies. If the batter is too dry – it should not be – but you can add up to 6 tbsp cold water to make the batter comes together. Add them 1 tbsp at a time.
6. Slightly oil your hands with coconut oil and shape cookie balls.
7. Place each ball on the cookie rack leaving a thumb space between each cookie. You should be able to make 8 large cookies.
8. Press the cookies slightly with your hand palm to flatten.
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the sides are crispy and golden brown.
10. Cool down on a rack and store in a cookie box in your pantry for up to 1 week.
11. Can be made ahead and enjoyed during the week as a grab and go breakfast cookie.