Serves: 20 poppers
Author: Anna Vocino
- 10 jalpeño peppers, sliced in half, deseeded
- and deveined
- 2 slices bacon, cooked,
- cooled and broken into
- 1 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup Colby Jack shredded cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay jalepeño halves on a foil lined baking sheet. In a mixing bowl, fold in bacon pieces, cream cheese, shredded cheese, and garlic salt. Spoon into jalepeño halves until distributed evenly.
- In smaller mixing bowl, whisk together topping ingredients–almond meal, ground cayenne, salt and garlic salt. Sprinkle evenly on top of cheese filled jalepeño halves.
- Carefully place baking sheet of filled jalepenos into the oven. Cook for 20 minutes, turn oven heat up to 400 degrees, cook for 20 more minutes, or until jalepeños look soft and the tops are a golden brown.