Healthy Gummy Bear Recipe
Serves: 100 gummy bears of each colour
Author: Genevieve Howland
- 1 cup organic juice for each color
- For the red gummy bear:
- pomegranate or cherry juice (100% juice not diluted with sugar and water)
- For the orange gummy bear: I used peach/carrot juice combo. You can also use apricot nectar juice. I also added in 4-5 drops of Orange essential oil before adding to molds. This gives them a great flavor!
- For the yellow gummy bear: I used a combo of orange and pineapple juices. You can add Lemon essential oil before adding to mold for an authentic lemon-y flavor.
- For the clear gummy bear: I used a mix of pineapple juice and lemonade.
- 1/3 cup Vital Proteins beef gelatin
- 2 TB lemon juice
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- Gummy bear molds with droppers
Put your cold juice into a sauce pan.
Add your 1/3 cup of gelatin.
Let it sit for a minute or two so the gelatin can “bloom”. (This will help prevent a clumpy or gritty finished product!)
Turn on the heat to low to medium till the gelatin dissolves.
Turn off heat and let sit for a few minutes to cool down.
Add your lemon juice and raw honey. Stir well.
Use a syringe and suck up your juice concoction and push out into your gummy bear mold.
Let sit for 5 minutes so it sets and then put in fridge for one hour. Remove bears and enjoy!
This gummy bear recipe will make at least 100 bears of each color and last in the fridge for at least one week. You can also leave out in room temperature for a few days (just don’t let them get above, say, 85° F or you’ll have a big bear meltdown.)