Gluten Free Cut-Out Sugar Cookies
3 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 baking flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup unbleached pure cane sugar
2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter, chilled
1 large egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Mix until combined and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the beater attachment, combine the butter and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Add in the milk, egg and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture until crumbly mixture forms. The dough should come together when pressed with your fingers. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead with your hands until smooth dough ball forms.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to a 1/2 inch thickness. Cut out shapes and place those on a parchment lined baking sheet. Now, you can optionally place the cookies in the freezer for 5 minutes before baking to help prevent them from spreading, or you can just pop them in the oven. Either way, bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool for 10-20 minutes before decorating.