Chicken Zucchini Enchiladas
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes | Serves: 12
Author: Lindsay Funston & Jonathan Boulton
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive oil
- 1 large Onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 2 Teaspoons of ground Cumin
- 2 Teaspoons of Chili powder
- 3 Chicken breasts (approx. 5 ounces each)
- 4 Zucchini, large, includes skin raw
- 1 1/3 cup red Enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack
Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and season with salt. Cook until soft, 5 minutes, then add garlic, cumin, and chili powder and stir until combined. Add shredded chicken and 1 cup Enchilada sauce and stir until saucy.
On a cutting board, use a Y-shaped vegetable peeler to make thin slices of zucchini. Lay out three, slightly overlapping, and place a spoonful of chicken mixture on top. Roll up and transfer to a baking dish. Repeat with remaining zucchini and chicken mixture.
Spoon remaining 1/3 cup of Enchilada sauce over zucchini enchiladas and sprinkle with Cheddar and Monterey Jack.
Bake until the cheese has melted, 20 minutes.
Garnish with sour cream and cilantro and serve. Enjoy!