Chicken Bacon and Ranch Mason Jar Salads
• ¾ cup Ranch dressing I used a yogurt-based store-bought version, but homemade or any other favorite version will work
• 9 ounces cooked diced chicken
• 8 slices bacon cooked and coarsely chopped (about 37 grams)
• 1 avocado diced
• 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
• 4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce or other mixed greens plus additional as needed
• 4 quart-size wide-mouth mason jars
1. Place a few tablespoons of dressing at the bottom of each jar.
2. Divide remaining ingredients among the jars, layering in the following order: chicken, bacon, avocado, cheese, lettuce. Twist on the top to seal your salads and refrigerate until ready to serve.
** The trick to keeping everything fresh (without browning on the avocado) is to pack the jar as tightly as possible. Keep adding lettuce to the top and really pack it down until you absolutely cannot squeeze any more inside! Then seal the lid!