Angel Hair with Shrimp and Asparagus
Angel Hair with Shrimp and Asparagus is a quick and easy pasta dish made with fresh tomatoes and asparagus in a light tomato broth. This delicious recipe can be found at SkinnyTaste.com! They have so many delicious and healthy recipes to try.
- 378 Calories
- PREP TIME: 10 mins
- COOK TIME: 20 mins
- TOTAL TIME: 30 mins
- YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
- 1 bunch asparagus, tough ends removed, quartered
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6-8 ripe plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 16 oz large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 oz white wine
- kosher salt and fresh pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp herbs de Provence, or you can use your favorite herbs
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, gives it a little kick
- 8 oz angel hair pasta, wheat or gluten-free
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet on high heat.
- When skillet is hot, spray with oil and add shrimp.
- skillet with shrimp
- Cook shrimp about 1 to 2 minutes in each side until ALMOST cooked through and remove from the pan. Set aside.
- Reduce skillet heat to medium, add olive oil and garlic and sauté until golden, careful not to burn, about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Simmer until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add the white wine and broth and stir, cook 1 minute then add the asparagus, salt, pepper and herbs.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes on medium low heat, until the vegetables are tender.
- While sauce is simmering, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta al dente. Drain when done.
- After sauce simmers 10 minutes, return shrimp to sauce and finish cooking, about 1 minute (Do not overcook or shrimp will get tough).
- Add pasta to the sauce and toss well.
- Divide equally in 4 bowls and top with a good grated cheese.
Serving: 11/2 cups, Calories: 378kcal, Carbohydrates: 52.1g, Protein: 32g, Fat: 6.8g, Fiber: 8.5g